Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bit of a teaser on something related...
A bit of a teaser on something related...
Since Bob & I want this part of DW to happen well *after* the events of Oh! My Brother!, I thought I'd let you all know what's going on from my end.
I'm working on CH 11 of O!MB! seriously now, with the hopes to finish it sometime before the new year. This isn't because it's going to be long (I'll never be as prolific as Bob, let's be honest) but because I'm carefully working on it - because it's supposed to be the last chapter of the main story.
So, here's a bit of a teaser for the last Chapter of O!MB!
So there I was, doing my best to sneak - which is a trick on those bedarned nightingale floors of the temple, let me tell you - up to where where Urd was located.
Which, of course, explains why the Sneaking Music from Looney Toons was going through my head.
I heard voices on the steps of the temple, and crept up as close as I could. I couldn't see anything, but audio's better than nothing.
"...the hell is with that guy?!" Hmm..new voice. The demon?
"I take it you didn't like your first meeting with my brother?" Urd, in her 'sincerity has left the building' voice.
Uh oh, long silence. I bet I can guess what's coming next. 'But you don't have a brother.'
"But you don't HAVE a brother." And the kick is good!
"But of course I do," Urd said smoothly. "You met him earlier." Gee, someone's having fun with this.
"Urd..." What a remarkably pleasant concept - even demons feel annoyed with Urd sometimes.
"Let me explain," Urd began, and then stopped. "No, there is to much," she corrected. "Let me sum up." It took a great deal of my willpower to stop myself from smacking my forehead.
A snort of disgust, "Do you HAVE to be a smartass all the time?"
"As a matter of fact Mara, I do, especially where you're concerned, but that's another issue," came the prim response. "But here's the story: Stupid mortal gets wish. Stupid mortal makes stupid slip of tongue. Yggdrasil lets wish go through. Stupid mortal is now a god."
See what I mean? No respect. Oh well, time for yours truly to make an appearance.
"Mornin' Urd," I said cheerily and then frowned slightly at the demon. "You would probably like to know that there's a little part of me that really wants to try to maim you severely. Could you just make with the leaving so I can go back to bed?"
He?...she? - look, I couldn't tell - stood up and pointed an imperious finger at me. "We aren't finished here, Mortal! There will be a reckoning!" the androgynous wonder cried, and disappeared in a puff of brimstone-flavored smoke.
My, how melodramatic. I said as much.

--
Christopher Angel
Re: A bit of a teaser on something related...
Oh very cool. And you're the first author in I don't know how long who remembers that Mara/Marller is androgynous when she first appears -- despite all her later artwork with the curves and the tight leather and the everything...
You know I'm looking forward to this.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.