Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
RE: 2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
(11-13-2020, 01:57 PM)GethN7 Wrote: Your call, Rob. Legally, Trump is still the legitimate President until the electors say otherwise. I'm doubtful Trump can pull a large enough rabbit out of the hat to have a second term, but until I know for sure if he pulls it off by some heretofore unknown means, I prefer prudence over premature victory dancing. Once Biden is confirmed US President for real, I shall refer to him by the title of said office.

No, Trump's the legitimate president until noon of January 21st, Washington DC time, not counting his resignation, death or ousting in any manner.

At that time, the president elected by the electoral college in December becomes the president of the United States. This may or not be Biden, this may or may not be Trump sworn in for a second term, and this may even be neither of those two and instead be a third person so long as that person is a valid candidate according to the Constitution of the United States.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings - by hazard - 11-13-2020, 02:36 PM