Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
RE: 2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
(12-11-2020, 08:25 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: The Texas suit was utterly ridiculous right from the start.  Its central thesis was that because no evidence of any fraud was found, that was irrefutable proof that there was fraud and it was invisible because of a mass conspiracy to hide it.  And that was the proof that there was fraud.  It was a circular argument that relied on its own assumptions to prove its assumptions were true.

No judge who hoped to keep their seat would even risk looking like they took something like that seriously.

Edit: There was another argument rolled in that was just as ridiculous, a claim fraud had to be in play because no candidate has ever lost both Florida and Ohio and won the presidency. Besides the obvious fallacy in treating such a pattern in elections as some kind of unalterable natural law, it was also false.  Kennedy was elected president in just such a case.

One thing it did succeed at is revealing that the Republicans had no proof of fraud at all, despite all their yammering to the contrary -- and they were in effect admitting that in open court.  Because you don't argue that a massive conspiracy has successfully hidden all evidence of fraud if you have the evidence of fraud you've been claiming exists for weeks.

I'm sure there was fraud of some sort, but I agree, those arguments are asinine ways to try and prove it.

Regardless, looks like we'll have President Biden. And, yes, I am okay with that. Not who I wanted, but I can either be an adult or I can whine about what I can't change, and I choose the former.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings - by GethN7 - 12-11-2020, 08:54 PM