Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII
(12-27-2020, 04:44 AM)Labster Wrote: Using the Moderation extension is annoying.  Did anyone even try using Special:AbuseFilter before the heavy-handed approach?  I feel like this one would handle most of the cases we're getting, which is basically all link-spamming.

I say we compromise. We can use Moderation with AbuseFilter until we can sure we've beaten back the spam flood, then we can disable Moderation until at such time its use may be needed again in case our spammer friends switch tactics.

That said, I would like to humbly appeal for the restoration for my bureaucrat bit back so I can be more effective in my capacity serving ATT. I have learned the folly of my ways from last time and will step down again immediately if there is any conflict as opposed to risk the incident that had me surrender those rights.

In fact, while it's a bit early, one of my New Years' resolutions was to avoid allowing my emotions to trump my professional judgment like I did a few months back, and I would hope that I would be held to the strictest of account if I did otherwise.

Regardless, the decision on this is up to the other staff and the community at large if they would like to weigh in, I shall honor the result regardless.

Messages In This Thread
That's no fun... - by Bob Schroeck - 12-14-2020, 03:39 PM
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII - by GethN7 - 12-27-2020, 01:13 PM