Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII
(12-27-2020, 09:22 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 04:44 AM)Labster Wrote: Using the Moderation extension is annoying.  Did anyone even try using Special:AbuseFilter before the heavy-handed approach?  I feel like this one would handle most of the cases we're getting, which is basically all link-spamming.

(goes and looks)

Wow - that's a lot more user-friendly than it used to be. For one thing, it has an interface now.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't have documentation... so I have no idea how to set up a new filter.

I tried what looked like the obvious syntax for detecting spam - "(a domain name I'm not going to enter here) in added_links", selecting "in" and "Added_links" from the dropdown menu - but the syntax checker said Unrecognized token. Where the heck was I specifying a token? I specified a domain name.

So, until we can figure out and document how AbuseFilter is supposed to work, I for one can't use it.

EDIT: Hang on - there's some documentation hiding at MediaWiki. But it looks like it's written for programmers, not for end-users... and it's been a long, long time since I wrote a program. (How long? It was in FORTRAN (not FORTRAN-77), that's how long.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
That's no fun... - by Bob Schroeck - 12-14-2020, 03:39 PM
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII - by robkelk - 12-27-2020, 02:17 PM