Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII
(12-29-2020, 01:49 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 10:02 PM)GethN7 Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 06:30 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: ...Hm.  I've been on, making edits, for the last couple-three hours, and I realize that the bogus account registration and bogus page creation rates are both way down.  Hopefully this is not just a momentary lull and is actually evidence that StopForumSpam is working.

I don't doubt it's cut down quite a bit of it. Lots of spammers either set up multiple computers with bots as a zombie botnet that just spams constantly, and zombie botnets tend to be known forum spammers and easily killed off, or they try to hire black hats with their own botnets to contract out their spam, and those idiots also get caught in the dragnet too.

Either way, I'd give it few days to be sure.

We had another 60 spam posts yesterday (14:00 UTC - 14:00 UTC) - two-thirds of the daily average since we started using Moderation. Maybe it's working... but I want a few days to be sure, too.

41 spam posts rejected yesterday (14:00 UTC - 14:00 UTC). We're getting close to as many spam posts in one day as we usually get in one month...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
That's no fun... - by Bob Schroeck - 12-14-2020, 03:39 PM
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVIII - by robkelk - 12-30-2020, 10:11 AM