Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Adblocker, blocker, blocker....
The Adblocker, blocker, blocker....
It's blocksception.

At least for youtube. Which has launched a full blown war on people blocking its adds.

Anyway - add the following to your customer filters on uBlock and make the nag screens go away,

Code:
youtube.com##+js(set, yt.config_.openPopupConfig.supportedPopups.adBlockMessageViewModel, false)
youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.adBlocksFound, 0)
youtube.com##+js(set, ytplayer.config.args.raw_player_response.adPlacements, [])
youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.hasAllowedInstreamAd, true)

Youtube ads are cancer, designed to force you to buy Youtube Premium.

Unlike Spotify, Youtube Premium gives you nothing but the peace and quiet you used to get before the stuck ten minute alt-right scumbag ads on every video.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RE: The Adblocker, blocker, blocker....
Hmm. Is this affecting uBlock, but not uBlock Origin? I'm using the latter, along with 'AdBlocker for YouTube', and haven't seen any of these popups people are complaining about. I have, however seen performance slowdown on YouTube pages, and wonder if behind the scenes interation with one of these is the reason, or something else.
I have no idea.

IT affects some people, but not others.

The twiddlers in the chocolate factory are trying to figure shit out and how to strangle some more money out of lusers sick of getting slammed with infuriating 'adverts'

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

I use Brave and don't seem to have to deal with this.
An interesting new browser extension that came out of this

One which 'clicks' the ads but doesn't load them or do anything but sent the 'Click' event to the ad network. Completely poisoning the network.

Advertisers who pay per click loose out. Sucks to be them I guess.

(11-12-2023, 01:47 PM)Dartz Wrote: An interesting new browser extension that came out of this

One which 'clicks' the ads but doesn't load them or do anything but sent the 'Click' event to the ad network. Completely poisoning the network.

Advertisers who pay per click loose out. Sucks to be them I guess.

Naturally Google's banned it from their store, not that it actually stops it if people spread the word...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....