Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I'm working on a Bubblegum Crisis reboot screenplay...
RE: So I'm working on a Bubblegum Crisis reboot screenplay...
Been watching this thread, it seems promising.

Pretty sure her name should be Linna (or Rinna, I guess). Linna Yamazaki is supposed to be the "ordinary Japanese girl", Celia Stingray has two Western(-ish) names. The other leads have half-Japanese names -- I think there was supposed to be some symmetry here.

classicdrogn Wrote:Go ahead and try it; if it works, great, if not maybe you can adapt it for a later part. The only thing I'd absolutely keep from BGC OVA1 is the Silky Van as a mobile transport/support unit to let the Sabers deploy without being seen hop-skipping halfway across the city (or launching a highly distinctive aircraft RIGHT OUT OF THE SUPPOSEDLY SECRET HQ like in Crash...)

I really do like how Bob handled it in DW2, where Quincy knew damn well who was in charge of the Knight Sabers, but never moved directly out of his own ineffable plan. In a modern surveillance state, how you manage to hide this kind of machinery and deployment on a regular basis? I mean, they're good at opsec but all it takes is one mistake across years of vigilante action. Another approach would be to handle it like in Black Lagoon -- any of the three criminal factions could easily crush the Lagoon Company, but they remain useful as a neutral party. The Sabers could be the same kind of "neutral vigilantes" who get used by the other powers, like GENOM (via subsidiaries), USSD, Gulf & Western as much as achieving their own goals.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: So I'm working on a Bubblegum Crisis reboot screenplay... - by Labster - 01-05-2021, 08:05 PM