Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I'm working on a Bubblegum Crisis reboot screenplay...
RE: So I'm working on a Bubblegum Crisis reboot screenplay...
I support hazard's ineffable plan. Or is the grand plan?

Well, the fact that they can't really win against GENOM is fairly genre, the punk part of cyberpunk. But you can always amend that to "can't win completely". Just because they're being used occasionally doesn't mean they don't do good things! It just means the good things are harder, happen less often, and are more meaningful when they do them.

I mean, maybe I'm the wrong person to talk to about this, being almost averse to the superhero genre. I just never saw the Sabers as supers. They're just folks with a budget and a grudge(t) who got tired of living in a world that treats them as disposable, and decided to fight back. Once they leave that suit behind, all that power they have is gone, and can be stopped with a bullet or a knife just like the rest of us. Which makes them more amazing.

Quote:That doesn't seem like something any megacorp would like, trying to leverage people power in such a way.
But if they just happen to find the Chang Group's (/me steals example from latest Doctor Who) new security bot is actually Dalek technology, then it's to GENOM's benefit to hire them to expose it. As Nep would say, "Do it for the shares!" Attacking another corp directly would be illegal, but those Sabres did it, not us, and they have great publicity.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: So I'm working on a Bubblegum Crisis reboot screenplay... - by Labster - 02-09-2021, 01:43 AM