Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][META] Writer dropout
RE: [OOC][META] Writer dropout
Also a reminder:

1) Westwoods has *plenty* of free space as well.

2) Sensible reasons for their presence (e.g.: Kaylee wishing to have her engine room back, presence of well-seasoned giant robot pilots...)

3) Willing to write the characters.

Also, I can't help but feel like Tenchi would be an ideal older brother figure for Shinji.  They both share a common trait of wishing to be normal people while being thrust into extraordinary circumstances, and Tenchi actually does pretty well at coping with this.  Benjamin only has to remind him about it from time to time.

Really, the honest truth is that I've been in need of other characters around that can associate with each other so that I can have stories that are Not About Benjamin In Particular.

Other Examples:

Aeka and Inara becoming fast friends.  Inara is Aeka's kind of "proper lady", including her willingness to throw down once things get dicey.  Inara herself would appreciate Aeka's efforts to maintain her poise despite her nature that makes her so very easily carried away (read: acting like her mother, Queen Misaki).

River Tam and Alicia Testarossa.  Need I say any more?  Big Grin

Asuka being mentored by....

...Ryoko.

Why?  Because Ryoko knows what its like to be a hot-head with a thing for picking on others while also harboring feelings of affection.

Zoey and Melissa Mao.  Not sure what will happen here, but they make for an interesting comparison - one a career mercenary, the other a combat veteran who's now an expecting mother.

Shepherd becoming the de facto spiritual guide for many of the displacees.  It helps that many people from other places tend to visit already.  (Also, I'd love to see/write more Shepherd-Arturia stuff.)

Simon Tam becomes Washu's apprentice.  "He's not quite as brilliant as his sister, but he definitely shows promise.  It helps that he actually has a great bedside manner."

Mal lived through Serenity Valley.  Serenity Valley was Sousuke's childhood.  Include Shinji here, because the things he's experienced were pretty traumatic, too.  "Kids like them should'a never had to live through that gorram shit."  They go on fishing trips together, possibly with Book along as well (shepherds and fishermen, you know).

Kaylee would think Mihoshi is absolutely adorable.

More Kurz Webber and Jayne Cobb shenanigans.  Guns, Girls, and Booze, oh my!

I'd write more examples, but I have errands to go run right now.  I'm pretty sure you folks get the idea, though.  Wink

Messages In This Thread
[OOC][META] Writer dropout - by robkelk - 01-14-2021, 08:50 AM
RE: [OOC][META] Writer dropout - by robkelk - 01-14-2021, 06:50 PM
RE: [OOC][META] Writer dropout - by Labster - 01-14-2021, 09:35 PM
RE: [OOC][META] Writer dropout - by Norgarth - 01-14-2021, 11:51 PM
RE: [OOC][META] Writer dropout - by robkelk - 11-14-2021, 10:31 PM
RE: [OOC][META] Writer dropout - by Labster - 11-15-2021, 01:39 AM
RE: [OOC][META] Writer dropout - by Bob Schroeck - 11-15-2021, 09:01 AM
RE: [OOC][META] Writer dropout - by Norgarth - 11-15-2021, 04:53 PM
RE: [OOC][META] Writer dropout - by Dartz - 11-15-2021, 05:26 PM
RE: [OOC][META] Writer dropout - by robkelk - 11-16-2021, 07:37 PM
RE: [OOC][META] Writer dropout - by Black Aeronaut - 11-17-2021, 03:39 PM