Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Election - Thread #5
RE: 2020 Election - Thread #5
Giuliani has been suspended from practicing law in NY for his "electrion fraud" shenanigans.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
The Register: Florida Man sues Facebook, Twitter, YouTube for account ban

Claiming that they're so powerful that they're state actors, not private companies, and thus the First Amendment applies to them.

Quote:[Santa Clara University School of Law associate dean Eric] Goldman said the golfing enthusiast, often seen at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, "rarely files lawsuits because he expects to win, and he often doesn't invest much energy in lawsuits after they've been filed. He usually is seeking some other payoff from litigation. In this case, that payoff is almost certainly the media coverage he will get. He's never held accountable for bringing stupid cases and making stupid arguments in court."

Thus, the article does not give the man the publicity of using his name.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I've seen analysis of the merits of the cases by professional lawyers.

Phrases like "transparantly meritless" were used.

The charitable interpretion of them is that the guy's a con-artist planning on using them as a publicity stunt to grift money to support his case (which he's clearly spent about $1.37 on) from the gullible.
Yeah - it's obviously a meritless case. I hope the judge awards the defendants their costs.

EDIT: Hmmmmm... If I'm reading Wikipedia correctly, there might be cause to declare him a vexatious litigant. But that's for the courts to decide.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/opinion/20...895044002/

Reading the description of the most egrarious point of the analysis? That's the kind of thing that will get a lawyer sanctioned and quite possibly disbarred. Knowingly lying in a courtroom is really bad for the career.
Now, I'll leave this without any opinions of my own except to say this seems like it's grasping at more than straws, they are citing actual Georgia law and actual people who can confirm this isn't wishful thinking.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/07...d-georgia/

If it's true, then shame on the people who played dirty with the votes. If they are indeed fraudulently for Biden, I'm disgusted. I doubt Biden himself ordered this, but those who cheated on his behalf, assuming it's true, well thanks for poisoning the well of Biden's integrity. If he won without this and this all there is (and it's not enough on its own to overturn the election), then whoever cheated for Biden should be ashamed.

If it's false, okay, more false alarms, news at 11.
How does being in a particular county affect the actual result? One assumes they all go into the same pile at the end when the tally is done?

It seems more like a technicality and the usual people lagging behind updating their bureaucratic shit than actual fraud. Fraud requires a specific intent beyond being lazy, for a start.

One also notices, that the article doesn't state who those people voted for ---- just that there're potentially enough illegal votes to tip the thing in Trump's favour if they were *all* Biden votes. One must assume the proportionality of the votes would roughly reflect the actual result - in which case you wouldn't be looking at a material change in the result, just the margin.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(07-11-2021, 02:41 PM)Dartz Wrote: How does being in a particular county affect the actual result? One assumes they all go into the same pile at the end when the tally is done?

It seems more like a technicality and the usual people lagging behind updating their bureaucratic shit than actual fraud. Fraud requires a specific intent beyond being lazy, for a start.

One also notices, that the article doesn't state who those people voted for ---- just that there're potentially enough illegal votes to tip the thing in Trump's favour if they were *all* Biden votes. One must assume the proportionality of the votes would roughly reflect the actual result - in which case you wouldn't be looking at a material change in the result, just the margin.

I can see the logic in that argument.
(07-11-2021, 02:03 PM)GethN7 Wrote: Now, I'll leave this without any opinions of my own except to say this seems like it's grasping at more than straws, they are citing actual Georgia law and actual people who can confirm this isn't wishful thinking.

If it's true, then shame on the people who played dirty with the votes. If they are indeed fraudulently for Biden, I'm disgusted. I doubt Biden himself ordered this, but those who cheated on his behalf, assuming it's true, well thanks for poisoning the well of Biden's integrity. If he won without this and this all there is (and it's not enough on its own to overturn the election), then whoever cheated for Biden should be ashamed.

You're assuming that - if they exist - they're all for Biden.

How many votes were "played dirty" in Trump's favour?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I seem to recall that someone tried to claim that million dollar reward for finding Election fraud, of course the fraud he found was in the Republicans' favour...
(07-11-2021, 08:38 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 02:03 PM)GethN7 Wrote: Now, I'll leave this without any opinions of my own except to say this seems like it's grasping at more than straws, they are citing actual Georgia law and actual people who can confirm this isn't wishful thinking.

Which is a very reasonable point. Given it's Biden's integrity being questioned by the side who lost, it's a reasonable assumption to assume they were all for Biden if true, but American elections have been rife with dirty political tricks on both sides since day one, and there is no reason to believe there wasn't at least one person who was tempted to cheat on Trump's behalf, with or without his knowledge.
(07-12-2021, 12:13 AM)Norgarth Wrote: I seem to recall that someone tried to claim that million dollar reward for finding Election fraud, of course the fraud he found was in the Republicans' favour...

That's correct: Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman Asks For $1 Million Election Fraud Reward Payable In Sheetz Gift Cards From Texas Lt. Governor

As yet, I've seen no reports of documented voter fraud in favour of the other party.

(07-12-2021, 06:03 AM)GethN7 Wrote:

Which is a very reasonable point. Given it's Biden's integrity being questioned by the side who lost, it's a reasonable assumption to assume they were all for Biden if true, but American elections have been rife with dirty political tricks on both sides since day one, and there is no reason to believe there wasn't at least one person who was tempted to cheat on Trump's behalf, with or without his knowledge.

Your bias is showing.

If it's fraud in favour of one party, you're "disgusted". If it's fraud in favour of the other party, you have no emotional reaction.

You'd never be able to get a job at Elections Canada with that difference in displayed attitudes.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown

It's not a reasonable assumption.

We'd need to know who these people actually voted for - which means violating the secrecy of the ballot or something - and there's a reason you can't do that.

The only reasonable assumption is that the ratio of votes will match the ratio of votes in the election.

It also must be repeated --- there is a difference between fraud and a technicality. It'd potentially be the thing that tips a local election - someone outside the place where they live voting there --  but a national election where those things don't matter, it becomes a technicality.

Also. 30 days is a damned short window. Most people here never update their data -- there're a lot of people still registered at their parents house after a decade of moving out, for example. (I mean, technically, all the 'Back home to vote' campaigns that preceded the 'Repeal the 8th' and Gay Marriage referenda was a crime --- because the voters had been long out of the state - but nobody actually gave a fuck).

It's something that could easily be explained by the usual bureaucratic laziness and ennui of people. It takes time to do and a lot of people don't have that time.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

(07-12-2021, 06:18 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 12:13 AM)Norgarth Wrote: I seem to recall that someone tried to claim that million dollar reward for finding Election fraud, of course the fraud he found was in the Republicans' favour...

That's correct: Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman Asks For $1 Million Election Fraud Reward Payable In Sheetz Gift Cards From Texas Lt. Governor

As yet, I've seen no reports of documented voter fraud in favour of the other party.

Your bias is showing.

If it's fraud in favour of one party, you're "disgusted". If it's fraud in favour of the other party, you have no emotional reaction.

You'd never be able to get a job at Elections Canada with that difference in displayed attitudes.

Rob, if Biden won honestly, then so be it, I'm an adult, he would have won fairly, end of story. I just want this question put to bed for good because the US has enough issues to deal with. If Trump lost but HE was the one revealed to have attempted to cheat or those on his behalf did, then shame on them. I mostly want to see the man who won be cleared of this crap, assuming he can be beyond any doubt, which is more an issue of that being a higher priority for me than naked bias.
(07-12-2021, 02:46 PM)GethN7 Wrote: Rob, if Biden won honestly, then so be it, I'm an adult, he would have won fairly, end of story. I just want this question put to bed for good because the US has enough issues to deal with. If Trump lost but HE was the one revealed to have attempted to cheat or those on his behalf did, then shame on them. I mostly want to see the man who won be cleared of this crap, assuming he can be beyond any doubt, which is more an issue of that being a higher priority for me than naked bias.

Geth, seen from outside the States, the issue is that the question CANNOT be put to rest, because there is
NO evidence that will be accepted by Trump and the Republican leaders that answer to him.

The stolen election claim has become the biggest issue for their campaigns and their fundraising, and is an article of faith for their hardcore supporters. No Republican elected official will dare deny it because they would be primaried and defeated by some other candidate that will pander to them.

It's like the old proverb that you cannot make somebody understand something when their job depends on not understanding it.
(07-12-2021, 07:18 PM)nemonowan Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 02:46 PM)GethN7 Wrote: Rob, if Biden won honestly, then so be it, I'm an adult, he would have won fairly, end of story. I just want this question put to bed for good because the US has enough issues to deal with. If Trump lost but HE was the one revealed to have attempted to cheat or those on his behalf did, then shame on them. I mostly want to see the man who won be cleared of this crap, assuming he can be beyond any doubt, which is more an issue of that being a higher priority for me than naked bias.

Geth, seen from outside the States, the issue is that the question CANNOT be put to rest, because there is
NO evidence that will be accepted by Trump and the Republican leaders that answer to him.

The stolen election claim has become the biggest issue for their campaigns and their fundraising, and is an article of faith for their hardcore supporters. No Republican elected official will dare deny it because they would be primaried and defeated by some other candidate that will pander to them.

It's like the old proverb that you cannot make somebody understand something when their job depends on not understanding it.

I concede the point. Me personally, if Biden is the President, I'll shut up and deal with it, but much like it took two years after Rutherford Hayes controversial election to put to rest answers of who cheated (and most of the evidence implicated the Samuel Tilden side, though Tilden's direct involvement was never proven), I guess I just want all the legal questions put to bed for good. The conspiracy theorists won't stop of course, but I want both sides to put this to bed legally speaking because we have enough problems in the US. I have friends in the "Biden is my president" and "Trump should be president" camps, and I don't care for either side trying to demand my allegiance, whoever got the job, so long as they have it honestly, that's fine by me.
It will never be put to rest, because for too many Trump supporters, the idea that Trump lost is impossible to accept.  They refuse to accept it so any evidence proving Biden won is just disregarded as more 'lies'.  They don't care about the facts, because their Faith says Trump won. 

They will believe any claim that the Democrats cheated, even though despite making dozens (hundreds?) of accusations and lawsuits, the Trumpers have yet to place any proof of their claims in front of a judge.  the tiny amount of bad ballots found and reported on so far have been a mix of votes for both sides, and not enough to sway any of the State results.
And Trump's claims and behaviour are destroying the republican party.

Financial restraint and the free market? He's always been mister bankrupcy.

Rule of Law? He only supports the law and police when they are against people he doesn't like. When it comes to his supporters? Under the bus they go.

A strong national defence? He thinks people who choose to serve are chumps.

Religious faith? He only believes in himself.

And somehow the Republican party (or should I say trumplian party, because there's nothing less Republican than the divine right of kings) has decided that he's their annointed one and anyone who triggers them by standing up to their fantasy gets cancelled.
(07-12-2021, 11:34 PM)Norgarth Wrote: It will never be put to rest, because for too many Trump supporters, the idea that Trump lost is impossible to accept.  They refuse to accept it so any evidence proving Biden won is just disregarded as more 'lies'.  They don't care about the facts, because their Faith says Trump won. 

They will believe any claim that the Democrats cheated, even though despite making dozens (hundreds?) of accusations and lawsuits, the Trumpers have yet to place any proof of their claims in front of a judge.  the tiny amount of bad ballots found and reported on so far have been a mix of votes for both sides, and not enough to sway any of the State results.

Fair enough. Besides, when Samuel Tilden's team got implicated in playing fast and dirty with the 1877 results, most of the accusations were about vote canvassing foul play, or deliberately trying to fluff up the numbers of votes of their guy versus Hayes, but while proof did surface people connected to Tilden did try that, they never proved Tilden knew about it nor did they nail down exactly which votes were played with. There were also some proof they tried to intimidate Hayes voters (blacks especially) and they tried to bribe election commissions to fudge results, but nailing down just what votes were bad, just who authorized what (lots of end players had a hand in things, but so many middle men were unidentified), and just how foul the stench of foul play was that had true merit remained a murky question.

History, thus far, has repeated.
I think it hilarious that we'll be well into 2021 and there's a chance we'll hit Election 2020, Thread Number 6

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about blame for the 6th and the National Guard
AP: Voting machine company Dominion sues Newsmax, OAN and Trump allies for defamation

Quote:The suits single out Newsmax, One America News, their executives and the former Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne. Dominion said their false claims that the company rigged the election for President Joe Biden have cost it $1.6 billion US in lost profits, company value and reputational damage.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(06-05-2021, 02:05 PM)Labster Wrote: Trump is telling people he thinks he'll be 'reinstated' as president in August, according to a report

By now it's been confirmed by a few sources that yes, Trump really thinks he will be reinstated in a few short months.  Since the Electoral College voted and Congress accepted the results, there's really no "reinstatement" available that doesn't involve a military solution.  There is impeachment, and if Trump could get himself appointed to the Senate and elected president pro tem, then he could become President without an election. I can't imagine that happening without militias either.

As the end of August has now come, I am sad to announce that the former president was not reinstated.  Maybe he meant next August?  I'm sure if we wait long enough, President Godot will be reinstated.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
January 6 defendant insistent on representing himself admits to additional felonies in court.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I almost posted that, but let me post an article linked therein instead. Capitol rioters increasingly going it alone, rebuffing counsel

Quote:“Although, as Justice Blackmun says, I may be a fool to represent myself, I am nowhere near as big a fool as Joe Biden,” Fellows told [Judge] McFadden, before asking the judge how to pronounce “pro se,” the Latin term indicating self-representation.

A real bunch of winners, these guys.

Not winners, wieners. I meant wieners.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto