Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marjorie Taylor Greene just keeps piling on the crazy
Marjorie Taylor Greene just keeps piling on the crazy
According to Georgia Republican Greene, the 2018 California wildfires were started by a secret space laser operated by Jewish financiers. (Article includes other items in her heap of crazy.)

She's also apparently been threatening Democratic Representative Cori Bush in the halls of Congress, to the point that Bush has had her office moved away from Greene's out of concern for her and her staff's safety.

At least one major Republican operative is openly calling Greene "insane".
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Marjorie Taylor Greene just keeps piling on the crazy
Meanwhile, a Hollywood guy who's given her thousands of dollars has just now decided she's gone too far.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I really do hope they decide to recall her. Making threats of violence like that against other congresspeople is a line that should not be crossed.
Dominion couldn’t stop her election, so now the pedophile cabal of Democrats and hedge funds are going to impeach Marjory Stoneman Douglas just like they silenced /r/WallStreetBets. It all fits, don’t you see?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Maybe the states that send these clowns to Congress should consider not electing them anymore?

I know that there are problems with vote suppression in their districts, hell I have seen comments that we should stop calling them Republican States and just call them vote suppressed states, but maybe we should start thinking that the people that vote these seditious idiots have the same brand of insanity.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
(01-29-2021, 07:28 PM)SilverFang01 Wrote: Maybe the states that send these clowns to Congress should consider not electing them anymore?

I know that there are problems with vote suppression in their districts, hell I have seen comments that we should stop calling them Republican States and just call them vote suppressed states, but maybe we should start thinking that the people that vote these seditious idiots have the same brand of insanity.

Why not both? It can easily be both... voter suppression and the ones not suppressed are pretty much insane.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Well, here's one person from her district who definitely doesn't care for that particular piece of Caucasoid refuse others from his area sent to Washington:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg9QXrEBFo4
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
(01-29-2021, 07:44 PM)LynnInDenver Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 07:28 PM)SilverFang01 Wrote: Maybe the states that send these clowns to Congress should consider not electing them anymore?

Why not both? It can easily be both... voter suppression and the ones not suppressed are pretty much insane.

To put it even more simply, present-day "Republicans" specifically want to suppress only the votes of sane and non-evil people.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Well, after the GOP leadership decilined to censure her, the house as a whole decided to do something about it.

Apparently, they can't refuse to seat her, but she's been kicked off all committees she was originally assigned to.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Which is really the best they can do when the GOP refuses to police their own - just limit the amount of damage she can do.

And I'm glad they did. Now all the trouble she will amount to is a single vote among hundreds. The rest of the GOP had better watch themselves. While equal representation of both parties is needed on these committees, the simple majority vote is all the Democrats need to oust undesirables from said committees.
Equal representation is desired on those committees, but when your partner can be relied upon to do nothing but be obstructive there's an argument to be made that they offer no representation whatsoever and thus there's no need to accept their presence on any committee.
Eh. Plenty of GOP reps in the House, even with the Democrats holding a majority. I'm sure they can find enough that are willing to be constructive rather than obstructive to fill the needed roles.

Though if this keeps up, then I agree that a party split will be in the offing.
There were 11 who voted "aye". Presumably they could serve on committees.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I suppose this is on topic here...
Here's those fine chaps now.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/04/politics/...index.html

But of particular note...

Quote:House Republicans did not taken [sic] that action, however, and House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy of California on Wednesday released a statement calling the push by Democrats to take away the congresswoman's committee assignments a "partisan power grab."

I think I know who should be next.  Tongue
Lewis Black on Greene
(02-05-2021, 04:36 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Here's those fine chaps now.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/04/politics/...index.html

But of particular note...

Quote:House Republicans did not taken [sic] that action, however, and House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy of California on Wednesday released a statement calling the push by Democrats to take away the congresswoman's committee assignments a "partisan power grab."

I think I know who should be next.  Tongue

...  Perhaps.  But not because he is the house GoP leader, but because he is comming off just as crazy as said newly elected member of said group was.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Greene, Greene (She's Marjorie Greene) (parody)