Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIX
Well, he's answered.

EDIT: Assuming that meets with your approval, Rob, I would like to add the following post after you accept his apology. I'm putting it here first so you and Geth can suggest changes in phrasing if you see the need:

Quote:Now that that is done with, {{FlowMention|@NormAtredies}}, I would suggest that if you're upset that far too many trope entries show true and well-documented but unfavorable aspects of Donald Trump, it is incumbent upon ''you'' to find equally true and well-documented examples of positive aspects of his life and personality. We are not TV Tropes with its enforced hugbox "no negativity" rules, and we the staff are not required to bend over backwards to find nice things to say about the most evil bastards in the interest of "balance". You want "balance" on this page? ''You'' find the good things to say to balance it. But they're going to have to be solid, true and documented -- no Clintonesque quibbling about the meaning of tiny words so you can exculpate Trump of something everyone knows is true. If you can present entry candidates for the page that meet the minimum requirements of true and documented, then we will add them. But I honestly think you're going to have a hard time finding any more positive things about a man that members of his own political party have called "an asshole" and a criminal than there arlready are on the page.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIX - by Bob Schroeck - 02-14-2021, 10:27 AM