Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIX
Since I manage the Wikia/FANDOM branch, I'm just dropping some news on a new policy they are doing:

https://community.fandom.com/wiki/User_b...ing_Policy

Due a lot of amateur power vendors using the block button out of sheer spite, Wikia/FANDOM is now going to investigate wikis where that is an issue and will punish admins who ban for something as asinine as not constantly licking the boots of the admin in question (like rewarding a reasoned and civil disagreement with an admin with a ban simply because the admin demanded absolute obedience and nothing less). This is especially to curb admins just blocking with no given reason, since Wikia staff are FED UP with people raging at them after getting doors slammed in their faces for reasons not made clear.

The reason I bring this up is because I am, by default, the only active admin on our Wikia branch, and I can assure you all I take pains to give clear ban reasons and am unlikely to fall afoul of this new policy, but if anyone else wishes to assist me (and that would be deeply appreciated), I urge you that, when exercising any blocks, to please leave clear reasons for doing so if you wish to be another admin alongside me due to this new policy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIX - by GethN7 - 02-19-2021, 03:29 AM