Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIX
(03-12-2021, 08:53 AM)robkelk Wrote: Refresh my memory, please; Was Gandalf ever described as wearing anything other that grey when he was called Gandalf the Gray, or white when he was called Gandalf the White?

Asking for a YKTTW.

Checking what resources are handy to me right now, Gandalf was called "The Grey" (with an "e") because he always wore grey robes.  The color change was imposed during his resurrection by Eru, the single god behind the Valar and Maiar, and was intended to be indicative of his new role and position among the Wizards as their leader.  To the best of my personal knowledge he was never in anything but his white robes after that -- and the changes in his personality (he was less funny, less down-to-earth) make it unlikely he'd want to be.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIX - by Bob Schroeck - 03-12-2021, 01:56 PM