Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gaming Thread: Roll for Initiative
RE: The Gaming Thread: Roll for Initiative
Yeah, generally the best thing is to follow any and all voice actor tips for the people entering the industry. Lots of liquids, preferably with a soothing quality (hot teas are good). A good microphone helps immeasurably in that regard, so you don't have to shout or raise your voice. We actually started using a TASCAM unit ourselves (basically a stereo microphone) so that we have the microphones right in front of us instead of across the table attached to the webcam. It's made a hell of a difference.

Oh, having players who provide "ways to mess with them" is a real pleasure. I handed our DM that in spades with the "doesn't know who her family line is" backstory. Even a one paragraph backstory can give plenty of hooks to sink the storylines into the the character and draw them into the weave. I've embellished it since we started the campaign, but it was basically one single paragraph to start; I didn't even have her Master's name decided yet until we were a few sessions in.

Note that the only gaming method I've not used is email/forum. I've used chat (IRC), voice, video call, and face to face. I prefer face to face by a margin, but I can comfortably do all the others. I think the only frustration I would have with email/forum is the inherent lag of the medium.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Gaming Thread: Roll for Initiative - by LynnInDenver - 02-15-2021, 09:14 PM