Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(03-02-2021, 12:03 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Even better would be coming up with shorts to go with all of these 'photos'.  Wink

Fine, fine...

St. Laurent Centre, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Sunday, September 11, 2016
2:22 PM ET

It wasn't the largest mall in Ottawa - that honour went to the Rideau Centre, downtown - but it was definitely in the top three.

And Kazari Uiharu had become lost in it.

"It's mostly a straight line, with just a few branches," Rob Donaldson had said. No, that smaller mall at Billings Bridge (which wasn't as small as Donaldson-san had made it out to be) was mostly a straight line. Sure, there was one long run here, but it had more branches off that line than she had been ready for. And there was more than one level - but not consistently, except for ground level. Sometimes she had to head up, sometimes she had to head down, and the sections weren't always connected to each other.

How was she going to find everyone else?

Then she realized that she could smell something cooking. Of course a mall this size would have a food court... and if there was food available some place, Konori-sempai would probably find that place. Then she could find her supervisor from Judgment branch 177, and they could be lost together - or, better yet, they could be not lost, together.

She looked around, but couldn't spot the food court. Then she thought to look up.

One escalator ride and she was there. She took a quick look around and failed to see anything she recognized except for The Colonel. Then she realized that she was hungry... and there was a crepe stand right beside the escalators.

Looking at the list of flavours posted behind the counter, she saw something she didn't recognize. "Strawberry... maple?"

"Coming right up!"

"Oh!" Well, she was committed to it now. "Thank you."

A few minutes later, she was a few dollars poorer and the owner of a strawberry-maple crepe. She stepped aside and took a bite.

It was good.

Then somebody took a photo of her. "Hey!"

"You look like you really like that crepe, Uiharu-san," the photographer - Mii Konori - said with some amusement.

"I do, I do!" Then she realized who she was talking with. "And am I glad to see you! I thought I'd have to call for somebody to come find me."

Mii smiled. "I finished my shopping for the day. Why don't we wait for everyone else here?"

Kazari smiled. Even in a different universe altogether, some things never changed.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by robkelk - 03-02-2021, 06:54 PM
RE: [IC][Story][Arc 1] Arrivals - by Norgarth - 02-13-2022, 05:08 PM