Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(03-24-2021, 05:41 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: I'm actually considered a priest.  LDS starts us off pretty early.  We're Deacons at age 12, Priests at 16, and then Elders at age 19 when we take off on our missions, and then high priests by...  35, I think?  The reason for this is that we're steeped so much in Gospel Doctrine and Book of Mormon History from so early on, we pretty much know all the major details by the time we're ten.  We pretty much get thrown into the deep end as soon as we're out of the Nursery and into Primary (Sunday school for children).

I guess that's one of the other reasons why I'm not so active anymore.  (Note: I never went on a mission and was never ordained as an Elder.)  The fixation for the gospel to occupy every aspect of your life is just plain smothering, and as we've seen so far, I am so much more multifaceted than that.

Friedrich Nietzsche, "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" Wrote:Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators the creator seeks--those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 03-24-2021, 06:08 PM
RE: [IC][Story][Arc 1] Arrivals - by Norgarth - 02-13-2022, 05:08 PM