Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Wiki work? More "Douglass Gardens Sessions" faux album covers? Hey, maybe I should pay some attention to actually writing...

Have a teaser.

"Worry about that later," Rob replied as he pulled out his Blackberry Passport. "Right now, we need reinforcements. I'll connect to Haruka and Michiru's Good Neighbour System and leave an emergency message... fuck. Where the Hell is their Good Neighbour System?" he demanded angrily, no longer caring that there were ladies present. After a quick moment, he gave up looking for it. "I'll bet it's still in the goddamned boxes we gave it to them in just after Calabogie. I'm sending an emergency message to Blossom." He quickly typed out what he knew of the situation, included their GPS coordinates, and sent it to their home base as a priority 2 call for help.

What he forgot was that priority 2 calls for help go to all nodes in the Good Neighbour System.

Blossom Apartments, Ottawa, ON, Canada
February 12, 2017
9:55 AM Eastern Time

"Rob's in trouble," Kazari announced.

Two minutes later, five Sailor Senshi were holding each other's hands and being held tightly by five of their apartment-mates. "Sailor TELEPORT!"

Kazari watched them disappear,

Live Oaks Manor, Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA
February 12, 2017
8:55 AM Central Time

Jenny looked at the message and swore to herself. "All of the time machines we have parked here, and nobody can make it there in time because none of them work!"

"It hardly matters," Harold replied. Before she could protest, he added, "Considering the reports of the sheer magnitude of energies those people toss around, nobody here is strong enough to take part in their battle. Not even my wife."

Club Lofts, Windsor, ON, Canada
February 12, 2017

Mahoro's brooch started flashing. Squeezing it gently, she said, "What's wrong?"

"Trouble near Ottawa - a possible high-level esper battle," Hokaze's voice replied from the brooch. "I have coordinates."

Minawa looked up from the clean laundry that she was folding. "Can we get there in time to be able to help?"

Ryuga nodded. "I can use the Saint hardware that we have here to open a gateway to those coordinates, but either I'm the only one who goes through it or I send two people."

"Two allies are better than one," Slash replied.

Ryuga grimaced at the thought of missing out on a battle. "As much as I hate to say it, the cat's right."

Mahoro nodded. "Minawa, can I leave the rest of the housework here in your hands, please? Slash and I need to go help our friends."

Gulfside Rest, Pensacola Beach, FL, USA
February 12, 2017

James quietly turned the alert off before anyone else could notice it. Not our monkey, not our circus. And even River would get herself killed in that kind of fight.

The Steeple, Philadelphia, PA, USA
February 12, 2017

"We can't just ignore a call for help, father."

Gil looked Lotte straight in the eye. "This is an esper battle, not a mage battle. We've never seen an esper battle, much less taken part in one."

"All the more reason for us to go," replied Lotte's sister Aria. "We need the information."

Lindy nodded. "Agreed - we need to know what this world's forces are capable of. Amy, you and I will monitor the situation from here, and you'll get as many readings as you can. Chrono-kun -" She saw that he'd already transformed his clothing into his Barrier Jacket and was holding Durandal in staff form. "Good. Yuuno-kun..."

"Casting a long-range teleport now."

And a green glow formed around Aria, Lotte, Chrono, and Yuuno.

Black Lagoon, somewhere in the Gulf of Thailand
February 12, 2017
9:55 PM Indochina Time

"Ignore it. We're not being paid enough for that kind of shit."

Westwoods Apartments, San Antonio, TX, USA
February 12, 2017

"You're in charge of the group."

Tenchi looked at Ben in disbelief. "I'm not ready."

Ryouko chuckled. "Sure you are."

"And if you do get in trouble, the Sailor Senshi can take over," added Washuu.

Noike sighed - Tenchi was more than ready to take command in the field. "We need to go, now."

"Right, right," Washuu replied. "Opening a portal."

Ben watched the four of them leave.

Lincolnville, NS, Canada
February 12, 2017
10:56 AM Atlantic Time

"You're saying we have to just ignore a fight?"

Epsilon looked straight at Ranma. "Unless you can teleport, yes, that's exactly what I'm saying."

Ranma scowled. "I don't like backing down from a challenge."

"It isn't a challenge. As far as we're concerned, it's a news report." To himself, Epsilon added, I just hope nobody ends up dead.

Appartements Mont-Royal Sud, Montreal, QC, Canada
February 12, 2017
9:57 AM Eastern Time

"I've never tried teleportation magic before," Rin said through gritted teeth. "I think I can make this work, though."

Medea looked up from her magazine. "This is your first teleport spell?" After seeing Rin nod in reply, she added "Volunteers only, then, and I'm not going to volunteer. Good luck to anybody who does go."

Shirou looked straight at Medea. "Maybe you should have cast the spell, Caster."

"I'm certain that I should have. But it's far too late for me to interfere with Ms. Tohsaka's spell now."

Aria House, Venice Beach, CA, USA
February 12, 2017
6:57 AM Pacific Time

Shaoran placed a hand on Sakura's shoulder, gently and comfortingly. "There's no way we can get there in time to help."

Brent could think of one way - Fly there, taking however long was necessary, then Return to the battle - but he saw all of the "sending help" acknowledgement messages scrolling on the Good Neighbor System's display and thought that Rob probably had enough firepower heading his way already.

Douglass Gardens Apartments, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
February 12, 2017
9:57 AM Eastern Time

"Then it's agreed. If you would be kind enough, Guru Clef?"

He nodded, and a moment later, the Magic Knights were on their way.

The character of Jenny Everywhere is available for use by anyone, with only one condition. This paragraph must be included in any publication involving Jenny Everywhere, in order that others may use this property as they wish. All rights reversed.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by robkelk - 09-30-2021, 02:34 PM
RE: [IC][Story][Arc 1] Arrivals - by Norgarth - 02-13-2022, 05:08 PM