Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
So, Misato, possibly Kaji and maybe Ritsuko, are all staying mum about the whole thing?  I can see that, I guess, particularly if they're waiting for the moment where he can't make any excuses to get out of it.

Okay, so Misato was a Geneticist.  Probably not a PhD, otherwise I think that would have come up in the anime or manga, but definitely a four-year degree at the very least.

Regarding the bit with the crew at Westwoods...  Ben would have a short Big Brother moment...

"You're in charge of the group."

Tenchi looked at Ben in disbelief. "I'm not ready."

Ryouko chuckled. "Sure you are."

Benjamin, though, sighed and put up a hand to forestall any further commentary.

"Tenchi, this is what you all have been preparring for.  And more importantly, you will eventually come to be in a position of some importance.  Seto will make absolutely certain of that."

With that statement, Tenchi cast a nervous glance in Noike's direction.  The woman only nodded her head solemnly, causing Tenchi to gulp.

"Yeah, exactly," continued Benjamin.  "Which is why it's important for you to become experienced sooner rather than later.  Besides, Noike will be there as well.  You don't need to worry about messing up because she has your back."

"But what about you?" asked Tenchi.  "You're wearing your HEV Suit."

"I'm a strategic element.  Not a tectical element.  It's very hard for me to do 'non-lethal' with Gojira's Little Brother here."  With that, Benjamin patted his right forearm with its cannon-shell reinforcing armor in standby mode.  "But if it's needed?  I can be there in seconds."

Tenchi sighed at that.  "Do you ever get tired of being right all the time?"

"More than you can imagine, Tenchi.  But at least its better than being wrong when it counts the most."

Noike laid a reassuring hand on Tenchi's shoulder.  "We need to go, now."

"Yes," said Tenchi reluctantly.  But when he spoke again, he sounded much more confident.  "We need to help our friends.  Washu-chan?"

"Right, right," Washuu replied. "Opening a portal."

Ben watched the four of them leave, but felt that he should hedge his bets.  He took out his phone, opened the Good Neighbor app, and fired off a message to Rob.

Rob.  It's not that I doubt you or anything, but if you need me, I'm ready to roll at a moment's notice.  We've already seen what my ability does to Espers, and that was with me barely even trying.  (I still feel bad for accidentally nailing Kuroko back then.)  I can shut them down faster than flies on stink, and whoever was on the receiving end will *wish* we'd just killed them instead.  Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 10-02-2021, 03:16 AM
RE: [IC][Story][Arc 1] Arrivals - by Norgarth - 02-13-2022, 05:08 PM