Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(10-02-2021, 03:16 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Okay, so Misato was a Geneticist.  Probably not a PhD, otherwise I think that would have come up in the anime or manga, but definitely a four-year degree at the very least.

The more I think about it, the more I disagree. It doesn't fit. Not every has to be hard science - and while I doubt she did something useless, I think she did something different from the STEM settings. There's more to university than STEM.

She's at her best when getting people from disparate agencies to work together, sizing up threats and gaining cooperation from people. Both navigating the ship of reality across the sea of Bureaucracy, and it working with international partners. She's worked for NERV in Europe. She has a semi-military background, with at least enough training to surprise and eliminate three soldiers with just a pistol. She's enough of an education in history to reference an obscure battle.

And sure, plenty of people work in labs other than actual scientists. There're the general Igors that keep shit running - and someone's got to feed and take care of the test subjects until they cease to be required.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Dartz - 10-02-2021, 10:08 AM
RE: [IC][Story][Arc 1] Arrivals - by Norgarth - 02-13-2022, 05:08 PM