• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New top level domains for sale: .makeup
New top level domains for sale: .makeup
You know what to do.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
RE: New top level domains for sale: .makeup
<snort>

I'm betting they're all bought already.

EDIT: I am wrong. moonprismpower.makeup is not yet pointing anywhere, at least.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Not loonmusicpower? Though I suppose Lisa doesn't actually show up in the DWS edition mooniverse until he's already left, if the GGG crew follows that particular hop at all.
--
‎noli esse culus
Yeah, I'd buy them all if I had any use for them. I'd prefer they went to fandom rather than squatters.

Domain name hacks are still cool, but now there are so many TLDs that they're not as rare any more.

I suppose it would be awfully fun to run one as a mail server, though. Anyone here want an @moonprismpower.makeup address? And could say your email address with a straight face?
I had a smackdown.com email for a while quite happily, so I don't see why not. I barely use my email these days, though, and would have to come up with something suitably thematic for a user name first.
--
‎noli esse culus
Okay, I bought that one, moonprismpower.makeup. I guess I'll be figuring out how to set up an email service, or probably paying someone else to do it.

The most hackable one, power.makeup, is also the most expensive.
(03-03-2021, 03:25 PM)Labster Wrote: You know what to do.

But as far as I know, nobody here is that big a 10cc fan... And isn't "youthinkyouregonnabreakupthenshesaysshewantsto.makeup" too long for a domain name, anyway?

But I'm sure somebody'll grab it if possible. The things we do for love... Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
<snrk>

Someone needs to get planetpower.makeup just so we can use planet names for email addresses.

And Brent, I think inactive forum member Offsides still helps run a hosting service of some sort, although I don't know if they actually take new customers. I can ask him, if you like.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Sadly, we couldn't use such addresses for Scott Johnson's Sailor Comet Kohoutek characters (whom Bob may or may not remember from io.iou back in the 90s), since their henshin command was "Sailor Prism Power -- Cosmetics!"
I don't remember, but.... <snrk>
-- Bob

(03-04-2021, 08:26 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I don't remember, but.... <snrk>

You missed a lot of fun and a lot of angst. Kohotoko Suiseino's teammates were Sailor Comet Halley (Harin Houkiboshino), Sailor Titania (Tanya Feikino), Sweatsuit Tebukuro (Tsuyo Undouka), Sailor Rama (Lana Clarke), Sailor Chiron (Karin Hitouma), and Sailor Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 (Kyuuko Suiseino). Their mascot was a penguin named Xochiquetzal (played by Scott's usual recurring penguin character), and their arch-nemesis was a Beryl-ist holdout called Kubiczirconite (he'd just been Zirconite back in the SilMil, but half his face had to be replaced with crystal after one particularly potent Senshi attack).
Once again I must say <snrk>.
-- Bob

(03-03-2021, 06:01 PM)Labster Wrote: Okay, I bought that one, moonprismpower.makeup.  I guess I'll be figuring out how to set up an email service, or probably paying someone else to do it.

The most hackable one, power.makeup, is also the most expensive.

You ever do anything with this, Brent?
-- Bob

No, nothing yet. I'm pretty bad at starting projects. Plus no ideas have struck me yet.
Ah. No problem, just curious.
-- Bob