Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pondering another import into the setting
Pondering another import into the setting
Question 
In the new "Worldbuilding: AMALGAM" thread...
Labster said Wrote:Is it the Grand Plan or the Ineffable Plan?

That prompts me to suggest having Crowley and Aziraphale as part of the Celestial/Infernal teams.  And if so, I might want to have one or both as the contact(s) for Douglass Gardens.

Besides, I can see Aziraphale running a bookstore down on (or just off of) George Street in New Brunswick.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Pondering another import into the setting
Oh, I had been thinking about those two for a long time.  The only reason I hadn't, is that I have not yet read the book, I only watched the miniseries.  But I'd say Good Omens is definitely a go.  Crowley fits the profile we'd want in someone from the lower realms -- more interested in having the world survive than promoting evil all that much.  And, his bookstore may have things we couldn't otherwise get in our universe.

I had thought we needed to broaden the ranks of our celestials, and especially our infernals, anyway.  I was planning on introducing Bartleby and Loki from Dogma as well, since their desires run coincidentally the same way Salem's do.  Heh heh heh.  Of course, it's up to Bob if he wants Jay and Silent Bob running around.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I'd weigh in on the whole Crowley thing, but it's supposed to be my day off...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I'm from New Jersey, of course I want Jay and Silent Bob.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
While I haven't read the books or watched the series, I've heard nothing but good things about Good Omens.  So Crowley and Aziraphale are in, provided someone wants to write for them.

Bob, I take it you bring up Jay and Silent Bob because of their characters in the film, DogmaSmile
(03-14-2021, 02:51 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Bob, I take it you bring up Jay and Silent Bob because of their characters in the film, DogmaSmile

Well, I certainly don't want them chasing Ami... Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
<rimshot>

I just want them for New Jersey flavor. Although ten to one, given their odd status as sort-of prophets, they probably know they're in a different Earth from the start, so I suppose yeah, because of Dogma. <grin>

EDIT: If we really want to add a twist, we could bring evil industrialist Leonardo Leonardo from the very short-lived Clerks animated series, too.
-- Bob