Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Because he can, that's why
Because he can, that's why
Why take the Google News feed, strip out all the trackers (and other images) and JavaScript, and present it with minimal formatting at 68k.news, Alex?

(And here's a story on The Register about the site.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Because he can, that's why
Uhm... My one complaint is, "Pictures would be nice. Even old-skool dead-tree newspapers have had pictures ever since cameras were a thing."
Even the Web 0.5 had pictures...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Alas, nowadays "strip out the trackers" means "strip out the images".
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
True, that.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Well, this is part of why scripts were invented in the first place - so that you don't have to do tedious stuff like download an image, upload it again, and insert a credit and a link to the source.
Given the started intent of the site, there might be a downscale included in there, but that was basically my thought also.
--
‎noli esse culus