Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be 25 - A Quarter-Century of Bad Ideas
RE: Crossovers That Should Not Be 25 - A Quarter-Century of Bad Ideas
(06-15-2022, 09:31 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: I'm pretty sure there's a golfer-girls anime airing right now, or as part of the current season anyway. I don't remember the name though, I skip all sports anime by default so "golf" was as far as I read before moving on.

eta: a quick search brings up Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- which pretty much puts it right on the tin

e2: the trailer makes them look older than the usual high schoolers, but that could just be the art style. Also seems to shiptease a yuri crush? "Her golf swing is just so amazing! Perfection! (heart eyes!)" Big Grin

Indeed there is, but it isn't a "Cute Girls doing Cute Things" anime. More of a "Girls with Guns" anime, in the vein of Noir or Madlax. It is actually scripted by the author of Madlax, and apparently happens in the same universe. Also made by a Gundam studio, which explains why the blonde protagonist (an amnesiac foundling that may or may not be a clone of one of the greastest golfers ever) was taught golf by Char Aznable's seiyuu while the brunette rival/yuri love interest (the daughter of two of the greastest golfers ever and raised from birth to be the greatest golfer ever) is coached by Amuro Rei's seiyuu.
And there are rival mafia gangs settling billion dollar disputes with literally underground illegal golf deathmatchs in a geofront playing on a mechanically randomizing golf court.

It's so over the top it is hilarious. You should really check it out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crossovers That Should Not Be 25 - A Quarter-Century of Bad Ideas - by nemonowan - 06-16-2022, 06:23 AM