Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DW5 and gate songs
DW5 and gate songs
It's just hit me, why aren't we seeing Doug searching for a gate song? Has he learnt more about gate songs between when we last saw him in DW2? Has he
forgotten about this while he doesn't have a working bike? Is it just not fun to write about that all again?

WillThrase/Thraen/Williath

"He Who Trains Dies"

I'm far from being the Word From On High about this, but my assumption was that he's been testing Gate songs every few days
and we're just not getting a detailed run-down: "Damn. Another failure. And I've got to be at work early tomorrow."
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

He's being lazy about it -- there's no point until the cycle is finished. He knows he should probably be doing it anyway, but the cycle gives him an
excuse to slack off.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I wouldn't be surprised if his subconscious is thinking something along the lines of, "the last time I met The Three, they told me the song I needed - why would it be different this time?" That would explain his laziness...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

And given that 5 got produced out of sequence, right after 2.... doent that mean he still doent know where he's going without really knowing "the
way"?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Quote: He's being lazy about it -- there's no point until the cycle is finished. He knows he should probably be doing it anyway, but the cycle gives him an
excuse to slack off.
And time spent looking for a Gate song after the cycle is finished is more time eating Belldandy's cooking. We
gotcher number....
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Quote: DHBirr wrote:

Quote: He's being lazy about it -- there's no point until the cycle is finished. He knows he should probably be doing it anyway, but the cycle gives him
an excuse to slack off.
And time spent looking for a Gate song after the cycle is finished is more time eating Belldandy's cooking. We
gotcher number....

...hmmm... that makes an extraordinary amount of sense [Image: smile.gif]

It's a fair cop.
-- Bob
---------

Even though Belldandy's cooking is very good, I would have thought that he would prefer eating his meals with maggie (although both together would be best
if he could contrive that somehow). I always suspect that Doug has learnt something in DW3 or 4 that Bob has planned out that has an effect on DW5 that will be
obvious in hindsight.

Given the current story left there wouldn't seem to be much time (or at least that much writing) between the major events concluding (within which I would
include rebuilding the bike) and his moving on, although without any boomer attacks he may be able to test gate songs more quickly that he was in DW2.

"He Who Trains Dies"

Actually, to be completely frank about it, finding the gate song and moving on are not part of the focus of the story. They happen after its events, and are
not seen "on-screen".
-- Bob
---------

I figured that might be the case, I think what's setting me off is that I see some parallels between the oppression of megatokyo and the stresses doug is
experiencing with being round celestials (although this is decreasing, most especially in Belldandy's case), having Mara around and the loss of the
function of his bike.

* williath shuts up

"He Who Trains Dies"