Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
Just a little something I want to link because it discusses whether people want to touch TVT versus us or not in recent day:

https://allthetropes.fandom.com/f/p/4400...0000094101

Now, first DocColress has his two cents, saying the .org ATT he's never going back to ever again while he's cool with TVT as it is now (not so much back when Eddie ran it). Amusingly, he says the .org has become just as bad as TVT used to be (I assume a large part of that is lingering resentment from being kicked off the island), and frankly, if I could implement the same curation our .org does, I would, I'm just hamstrung by how Wikia works technically in that regard, so our FANDOM branch isn't so much as nice as he thinks as I just don't have the means to clone every aspect of the .org to that (which I would in a heartbeat). Nothing personal against him, but I like how the .org works, warts and all.

Note: There are a few annoying filters I have to deal with on FANDOM, like certain links are verboten due to fears of promoting illegal acts or pimping spam, and any article with the N-Word got all examples of said word censored, but this last one is because trolls had to ruin things by spamming it all over until they added the filters to keep those scum at bay for acting like savages. That said, I'll gag down my annoyance with that because they've tried to make sure content remains despite the filters wherever possible.

The other comments are generally apathy to TV Tropes and the familiar complaint we are better but need more content, for which the fix is obvious.

I posted a comment there, but want to add something here.

Frankly, TV Tropes has gone to pot even without Eddie at the helm. The censor machine is still going strong there and they have let their political and social bugaboos seep into a ton of articles (which I'm proud to say we at ATT have made a point to avoid) because objectivity seems to go out the window when the TVT hivemind agrees on certain positions. Worst of all, they still have a wiki engine I couldn't be paid to ever want to seriously touch ever again and I refuse to remove my ad blocker no matter how much they beg because without it TVT has ground to a halt on my browser before.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by GethN7 - 06-02-2021, 03:59 AM