Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
(06-14-2021, 08:28 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I'm thinking we jumped the gun on giving Cwf1997 automoderated and autopatrolled.  I'm seriously considering taking them away again.

When I give somebody automoderated, I leave a message on their Talk page. Here's the boilerplate that I use, replacing NAME with the UserID:

Quote:Automatic Moderation

Hello NAME!

We instituted moderation of posts as a result of the Great Miraheze Spam Flood that affected multiple wikis in December 2020. Most people's edits and image uploads will not appear immediately, the way that they would on Wikipedia... but, now, ''yours will'' - no more waiting for a moderator to approve your edits.

This is a privilege given for consistently good edits and being a Troper in good standing, not a right. Congratulations!

{{FlowMention|NAME}} {{FlowMention|Labster}} {{FlowMention|Looney Toons}} {{FlowMention|GethN7}} {{FlowMention|QuestionableSanity}} {{FlowMention|Derivative}} {{FlowMention|SelfCloak}}

Nobody's ever complained about the wording that I used there.

"This is a privilege given for consistently good edits and being a Troper in good standing, not a right."

If we need to take it away from someone, so be it.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by robkelk - 06-14-2021, 08:35 PM