Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
(07-10-2021, 09:05 PM)Umbire Wrote: Hi, Umbire here. Finally catching up to behind-the-scenes events and other things I seem to have missed completely - including the actual reason behind the sabbatical I've heard about, which I will not comment on (EDIT: Not as of YET, anyway.) to save myself and Lynn aspirins down the line - and chiming in regarding the following.

(07-05-2021, 12:26 PM)robkelk Wrote: Re this Forum thread on ATT

Quote:The gist is that the person registering it needs to represent it in an official capacity, e.g. someone with access to the domain registration and such.

I, for one, would be willing to offer Umbire the Phantom a seat on the moderation team, and not just for setting up the new IRC channel. Thoughts?

It was something I was considering during the process of informing people - but I maintain that I do not feel it an appropriate position for myself, and I am unlikely to ever accept such a position here for the foreseeable future.

Furthermore, as to finding a place for this peer-directed project, it seems you are looking to take the wheel from there, and so I'll leave that to you.

For the record, and I want to make this clear one last time. I do not hold any hatred against anyone here, so whatever you and Lynn believe, please disabuse yourselves of any notions otherwise. There are certain ideologies I believe noxious, certain beliefs I consider poison, and certain creeds I consider anathema, but I do not hate the people who may or may not believe them. Both on a personal note and speaking for my role on ATT, I remain firmly committed to keeping my personal values as divorced from my official duties for the good of the project insofar as is possible, the FANDOM situation was simply a case where despite professing loyalty to their wishes despite my personal values, they saw fit to expel me from running what is now Tropedia because I hurt someone's feelings and never gave me a chance to explain myself before assuming I was unregenerate and unworthy of their continued sufferance.

I accept that with grace and will not trouble them again, and when I aired why I considered why they slammed the door in my face to be the result of asking me to betray beliefs I considered closely held as the price of continuing to put up with it, I never once said I hated a single person, and I still don't, so for the final time, I want it on record neither you nor Lynn have any reason to feel hatred, fear, or disgust for me, you two are human beings deserving of dignity, compassion, and respect regardless of my PERSONAL opinions of what political, social, or moral values you may hold, and I apologize if I crossed any lines in that regard, and you have my word it will not happen again, and so does everyone else here, they may hold me to that if you wish to make an archive of this post to keep a record.

That said, I have graciously been allowed to continue working with All The Tropes, which I promise to dedicate myself to dealing with as nonpartisan as possible, which I, unfortunately, was not able to do on FANDOM due to their imposition of enforcing certain values for which they would tolerate no dissent, no matter how respectful or reasoned. That said, if you two wish to think of me as of unregenerate bigoted scum, then that is your choice, and I mourn the misunderstanding if you do. If the two of you would like to see if my word is indeed bond, then I respectfully ask you please judge my actions as opposed to perceptions of my intent.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by GethN7 - 07-10-2021, 10:45 PM