Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polarizing stories spotted in the news
RE: Polarizing stories spotted in the news
Meanwhile, people on tumblr - home of LGBTQA discourse and Official Noise Generator of the Far Left - have been grumbling about Biden's administration doing things like taking down the "We The People" petition site at Whitehouse.gov and not acting quickly enough to get the migrant children out of detention centers. (For the record, they're doing everything they can, but the thing about undocumented migrants is that THEY'RE UNDOCUMENTED, so their families are gonna be hard as fuck to find, and there's just not enough Spanish-speaking foster families to go around.)

Seriously, what kind of stupid are you?  Do you really want another "Trump" president?  Because bitching about dumb shit like this is how you get another "Trump" in the White House.

I mean, I get that taking down We The People is kinda sketchy, but not when you consider the BS that went on in social media that led up to shit like Pizza-gate and the January 6th Insurrection.  The ground rules for "We The People" is that if you get enough digital signatures (10,000 I believe, and yes, digital signatures, not actual pen-on-paper signatures), then the sitting Administration is obligated (!?) to make a formal response.

So when you look at it like that, it's no fucking wonder they took it down.  They're just closing down an avenue for the Alt-Right to attack them from.  And it's not like anyone's First Amendment Rights are being suspended or anything - there's plenty of other, highly visible ways to get petitions going.  The Biden Administration is just freeing themselves from having to deal with something of no real consequence when they have so many, much bigger fish to fry.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Polarizing stories spotted in the news - by Black Aeronaut - 09-24-2021, 06:07 AM