Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polarizing stories spotted in the news
RE: Polarizing stories spotted in the news
Well, generally, they go towards people who can afford to buy new vehicles at the increased expense of those who can't.

I see it all the fucking time. People who can't afford energy upgrades end up subsidising those who can through higher fuel taxes. Which, generally, acts to reduce their ability to get those upgrades.

I mean, it doesn't help that all this greenwashing is just another excuse to get people to consume -- buy the newer, more efficient thing. Newness is the thing that should be taxed. Obsolescene - especially planned obsolescence or baked in software obsolescence is almost criminal. Keeping older equipment running is necessary - the less 'new' things, the less industry has to churn out, the less waste and the less shit done and burned in landfill.

But, that kind of puts a hole in the Ponzi scheme that is the economy. It falls apart when consumers stop consuming.

---

At least put a limit on the subsidies when the car's passing a certain value. Nobody buying a Tesla needs a fucking subsidy to buy it. And neither do they deserve it.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Polarizing stories spotted in the news - by Dartz - 11-13-2021, 09:41 AM