Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polarizing stories spotted in the news
RE: Polarizing stories spotted in the news
* robkelk blows dust off thread

U.S. town is considering a ban on all public art

Quote:Carrie Gendreau is a conservative Christian and Republican who also sits in the state legislature. She has said her policies are guided by biblical scripture, and recently told the Boston Globe: "Homosexuality is an abomination."

At a town meeting in August, she complained about some of the art appearing in town. She urged residents to do their own research into these symbols, such as the rainbow outside the Chinese restaurant and, in another local work, the sun depicted as an eye.

Well, if you insist.

Then God said, “I am giving you a sign of my covenant with you and with all living creatures, for all generations to come. I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth. When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will appear in the clouds, and I will remember my covenant with you and with all living creatures. Never again will the floodwaters destroy all life. When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth.”
-- Genesis 9:12-16, New Living Translation

So this conservative "Christian" is complaining about something that her holy book says her God placed in the sky. Hence me putting "Christian" in quotes when talking about her -- if she doesn't even know something that she should have been taught in Sunday School, she isn't much of a believer.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: Polarizing stories spotted in the news - by robkelk - 11-01-2023, 08:31 AM