Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part IV
RE: COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part IV
Shit's basically normal here now.

Past 90% vaccinated.

NPhet will be dispanded in October. We're into the return to normal phase. Everything is peachey.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Still here. Not much has changed.
Still here, still kickin'.
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
Right, should say I'm OK and working.
Don't think I've said anything here specifically in a while... so here I be. Same as ever.
--
‎noli esse culus
Still alive, still well (or at least apparently plague-free), still of normal size.
Still here. Spent more time than I'm happy with unmasked around total strangers for an outpatient medical procedure. If I were unvaxxed, I'd've had to present them with a negative COVID test done 48 hours prior to the procedure.
Never fear, DJ is here!

No news is good news.
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
Vaccinated with booster shot.

Still masking up in grocery stores and such.

Still no job. Anyone know anywhere looking to hire a help desk tech?
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
According to my nephew, LEGO is still looking for more customer service line work-from-home type people. I found more confusion than anything else trying to check their web site myself, but HR doubletalk hype always sounds intimidating to me when it makes sense at all, so...
--
‎noli esse culus
Still here, nothing's changed. Creatinine is holding steady right now. So I'm just treading water. While I'm looking for work still, I'm not sure I could do phone support again and still like myself at the end of the day. Then again, I'd love to change my income situation. Choices, choices...
Still here. Debating whether I should get a booster.
We're scheduled for ours on Saturday.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Still here. Still alive.

No boosters being offered here - instead, the extra vaccines are going to countries with a first-shot rate below 50%
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Ontario finally has a QR-code-enabled vaccination certificate. If you're in Ontario, get it (or book shots) at https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Still here. Looks like booster is a go due to probably upcoming trip to New York.
(10-20-2021, 01:06 PM)Inquisitive Raven Wrote: Still here. Looks like booster is a go due to probably upcoming trip to New York.

Where in NY?
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
NYC. Manhattan specifically, but now it looks like it might not happen. I have a relative there is who is doing poorly, and the idea was to have a family visit sometime around (but not actually during) Thanksgiving. However, they're not really feeling up to coping with company right now and who knows how they'll be feeling by mid-November.

Edit: Well, so much for that. I just got an email from my mom saying the trip has been cancelled. Oddly, I suspect that my knee injury may had more to do with it than my other relative's illness although that was a factor. So, while a booster shot is still on the table, it's lost its urgency.
Yeah, sorry.  Forgot to do this earlier.  Still here and working though.
Still here. Still not going out much. Frankly, I suspect it's just as well that the Thanksgiving trip was cancelled.
I suppose we'll see just how much effect the vaccine campaign has had with the case numbers mid-November...
--
‎noli esse culus
(10-31-2021, 01:20 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: I suppose we'll see just how much effect the vaccine campaign has had with the case numbers mid-November...

Yeah, we're still running with "lots of stuff we would have done two years ago we just aren't going to do" here, just because there's too many people just not doing it, and their numbers have spilled over into the general hospital system instead of staying locally.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Even with cases flaring up down here in Victoria (THANKS SO MUCH New South Wales) things are improving. We've hit the 80% double vax goal for properly reopening most businesses, the ICUs aren't buried in bodies, and while there's a percentage of idiots screaming and protesting still, they're not getting anywhere.
*Rises from the grave 3 days after Halloween"

"I LIIIIIVE!!!"

Seriously, though, my prayers are with ya Matrix Dragon.
Still here. Not much going on.