Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Faking Hoaxer is back!
The Faking Hoaxer is back!
For those of you going "who?", the Faking Hoaxer was a YouTuber back about ten years ago who, using commercially available digital tools, turned out some amazing videos of things that weren't real, but looked like they were -- UFOs, space shuttle accidents, a shattered moon -- and showed how he made them. His stuff was so good that some UFO believers would steal his videos, blur out his logo, and claim that it was genuine footage. He was so well-known in certain circles that even Discovery Channel contacted him for a minifeature about how easy it was to fake UFO footage.

Anyway, five or six years back (maybe a little more? I don't remember now) he abandoned YouTube and took down all his videos; I don't recall if I ever found out why. But I just discovered this afternoon, as the result of a totally random search, that apparently he re-established his channel in 2019, re-uploaded all his videos and posted a couple new things.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this in case anyone was interested. His new channel can be found here.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: The Faking Hoaxer is back!
Okay, show of hands. Who was expecting someone totally different here?
<blink> Like who?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
With a title like Faking Hoaxer? I was expecting this to be moved to the politics forum Tongue
Ah. Enlightenment.
-- Bob

Looks like part of the role of the new channel is to propmote how people are taking his work and using it to promote conspiracy theories. He's doing a public service.