Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Labster has reached their private message quota so your message could not be sent."
"Labster has reached their private message quota so your message could not be sent."
Time for folks to clean out their PM queues...

Note that anything in the Trash still counts toward your limit - you have to empty the trash in order for the space to be freed up.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: "Labster has reached their private message quota so your message could not be sent."
To show the level my brain has been operating on, I'm sitting here wondering why this couldn't have been sent as a private message....

.... it took far too long for the penny to drop

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RE: "Labster has reached their private message quota so your message could not be sent."
to show that I practice what I preach, I just spent some time getting my PM queues down from 99% used to 83% used. That should last me... a week or so,.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Me, too, only I accidentally deleted my entire inbox. Whoops.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
You know what really sucks?  My last hard drive crash black-holed an archive I made of my inbox messages... which included a great deal of materials for There's Nothing Better.

Fuckin' OUCH.
God, I hate when that kind of thing happens. That's one reason I started using SVN to manage all my writing projects.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Still can't PM Labster...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(07-11-2021, 01:00 PM)robkelk Wrote: to show that I practice what I preach, I just spent some time getting my PM queues down from 99% used to 83% used. That should last me... a week or so,.

Two weeks later, and I just did another quick cleanup. Down from 90% to 81%...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Oh, was someone trying to contact me?

Sorry, I've been out because my local social group has kind of imploded. I can't go into details, but it's a little worse than a lesbian divorce, but a little better than the Hatfield-McCoy feud. I have been caught in the middle. I'll eventually explain what happened but I can't explain in a public place right now.

I'll go delete some messages.

I'd say Git is better than Subversion for distributed writing projects... but lately it's just been rsync. I should probably put it into git, though.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Brent, your inbox is full again.

And whatever you guys decide on, please tell me how the heckin'-heck it works. I've got a little more breathing room with work now, but I still suspect that it'd take me a while to get comfortable with any one of these systems.

(They started keeping the in-store kids to close now that school's not in session... and whaddya know? The in-store kids have trouble with staying late and getting worn-the-fuck-out. Guess us drivers really weren't just bitching for bitching's sake when we're complaining about getting overworked. So now we're closing at 10pm weekdays, and 12am on Fridays and Saturdays.)
Hey... If you get your "PM space used" bar below 70%, it changes from red to orange.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown