Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI
(07-29-2021, 08:23 AM)robkelk Wrote: The ribbons are already too long for some screens - I find myself needing to scroll both horizontally and vertically on the page, which is poor page design. But that isn't what I asked.

What happened to the groups?

EDIT: And if you don't like me complaining after the fact, then hold off on your changes until after I have signed off on them. I am busy and do not have time to drop everything to look at the wiki to suit your schedule.

Fair enough. That said, the group titles got eliminated because they threatened to make the page ribbons even longer, and I was trying to reduce headaches navigating. Also, part of the poor page design was unavoidable, the way Tabber Neue resolves the busted mobile function was the change the design of the tabs to enable the way they look now, the old tabs were broken on mobile and partitioned sections very poorly once they exceeded a certain width and number. In your defense, now I restored the older look, I see your point on crap design.

And as to your rebuttal, again, fair enough. I can easily try to restore something closer to the older page design since the original design is just a few revisions back, and I'll try to tweak it to address your complaints while also looking good for all users who want to use ATT on their phones and tablets as well as their desktops. I only bothered going ahead with this in the first place because I got no objections despite repeatedly asking for any like I was asked to wait for, and because I wanted to resolve a longstanding issue that screwed over mobile users.

In fact, check it out now. I was able to restore the old look with only a few minor tweaks. I had to add a few hardline templates because this was essential to prevent elements from possible overlap, especially Tabs, as the mobile version does not intelligently understand anything other than hard page dividers elements. You still have to scroll down pretty far vertically on mobile, but no horizontal stuff this time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI - by GethN7 - 07-29-2021, 11:07 AM