Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI
(08-30-2021, 08:51 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(08-30-2021, 08:41 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(08-30-2021, 05:41 PM)Labster Wrote: Yeah, I could have told you that it wasn't a SQLI attack, but it is really weird.  Seriously, we're not a programming wiki.

Given this, did we overreact with the instant permaban?

Unlikely.  I'm no coder, but from the sound of things, even if it wasn't malicious in intent, the fact still stands that such a blatant disregard for the order of things is highly undesireable.  They should have honestly have known better than to just come along and try to execute code willy nilly on someone else's website.  This is not a hacker's sandbox!

Maybe an overreaction, but not by much. Without access to the nginx logs I can’t really determine if it was an attempted attack or not, but the code I see here is benign. So you’re left to guess at motive, and I can’t think of a reason to post something so off-topic. If they wanted to talk about the schema for some reason, a link would have sufficed.

The possibilities are pretty much limited to: SQLI attempt or user who doesn’t understand what our website is about. Neither are likely to be productive users.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI - by Labster - 08-30-2021, 09:11 PM