Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WIP][OOC] An Evening at Callahans
[WIP][OOC] An Evening at Callahans
Okay, given the previous discussion in the planning thread about ITEM coming to San Antonio, this part will need to be changed to reflect that...

"Rob-san, you said you're a building manager in theory now?"

Rob sighed. "I should have kept my mouth shut." After a quick moment, he continued, "When I accepted what I thought was going to be a quick job to tide me over until my pension payments started, I though my role was to help the Senshi and the ladies from Judgment branch 177 adapt to a normal, quiet life. Help them learn how to live in a strange country, give them moral support, and all that. But it's been the exact opposite - things have been getting more stressful since last September, not less. AMALGAM, the Unseelie and ITEM in Ottawa, the Witches in San Antonio, Therestina in D.C., the medical issues that Minawa, Ginga, and Subaru have, that mess that Doc Doof made of so many cities... stress factors have been piling up, not going away. And we still don't know who played with our emotions way back when." He turned to Mike, who'd brought a tray of drinks. "Thanks, Mike." Leaving enough loonies on the tray for the round, he started passing them to his companions, keeping a Dominion City saison for himself and a Pelee Island Winery pinot noir for Hyoga.

"I thought ITEM was on our side now," Mamoru replied as he accepted a Sapporo.

Rob nodded weakly. "They are, Mamoru, but with friends like them... At least Mal only has to worry about Jayne. I have to worry about both Meltdowner and Frenda."

"But you are handling them," Mike pointed out as he pocketed the money. "You're more capable than you think you are."

"Thanks again, Mike. It's just wearing me out." He turned back to Keiichi. "And despite all that, I'm still keeping the workload off my lady-loves' shoulders."

Here's my proposed change...

Rob sighed. "I should have kept my mouth shut." After a quick moment, he continued, "When I accepted what I thought was going to be a quick job to tide me over until my pension payments started, I though my role was to help the Senshi and the ladies from Judgment branch 177 adapt to a normal, quiet life. Help them learn how to live in a strange country, give them moral support, and all that. But it's been the exact opposite - things have been getting more stressful since last September, not less. AMALGAM, the Unseelie and ITEM in Ottawa, the Witches and ITEM in San Antonio, Therestina in D.C., the medical issues that Minawa, Ginga, and Subaru have, that mess that Doc Doof made of so many cities... stress factors have been piling up, not going away. And we still don't know who played with our emotions way back when." He turned to Mike, who'd brought a tray of drinks. "Thanks, Mike." Leaving enough loonies on the tray for the round, he started passing them to his companions, keeping a Dominion City saison for himself and a Pelee Island Winery pinot noir for Hyoga.

Rob nodded weakly. "They are, Mamoru, but with friends like them... At least Mal only has to worry about Jayne. I have Benjamin has to worry about both Meltdowner and Frenda."

"But you are handling them," "Benjamin has them handled,"
Mike pointed out as he pocketed the money. "And don't try to put yourself down.  You're more capable than you think you are."

"Thanks again, Mike. It's just wearing me out." He turned back to Keiichi. "And despite all that, I'm still keeping the workload off my lady-loves' shoulders."

I think my character would also interject on Rob possibly taking too much onto himself - that he needs to find responsible and capable individuals to delegate tasks to.

Thoughts?
RE: [WIP][OOC] An Evening at Callahans
That's different from the fix that I made on the wiki...

Rob sighed. "I should have kept my mouth shut." After a quick moment, he continued, "When I accepted what I thought was going to be a quick job to tide me over until my pension payments started, I though my role was to help the Senshi and the ladies from Judgment branch 177 adapt to a normal, quiet life. Help them learn how to live in a strange country, give them moral support, and all that. But it's been the exact opposite - things have been getting more stressful since last September, not less. AMALGAM, the Unseelie and ITEM in Ottawa, the Witches in San Antonio, Therestina in D.C., the medical issues that Minawa, Ginga, and Subaru have, that mess that Doc Doof made of so many cities... stress factors have been piling up, not going away. And we still don't know who played with our emotions way back when." He turned to Mike, who'd brought a tray of drinks. "Thanks, Mike." Leaving enough loonies on the tray for the round, he started passing them to his companions, keeping a Dominion City saison for himself and a Pelee Island Winery pinot noir for Hyoga.

Rob nodded weakly. "They are, Mamoru, but with friends like them... At least Mal only has to worry about Jayne. Ben and I have to worry about both Meltdowner and Frenda. Frakking snowbirds, can't decide on a single place to live in. San Antonio's too hot in the summer, they say. Ottawa's too cold in the winter, they say..."

"But you are handling them," Mike pointed out as he pocketed the money. "You're more capable than you think you are."

So... duelling patches. Which one do people like better?

EDIT: As for delegating, hints have already been dropped. Mii, Rei Hino, and Kazari have all taken important tasks from Rob's shoulders.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Take both patches and generate a merge commit.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
There've been several changes and additions made since, so I think the matter is moot by now.