Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well. That was fun.
Well. That was fun.
The remnants of Ida just swept up and through NJ on its way to New England, and I lost track of how many tornadoes and near-tornadoes it spawned before we were graced with "just" violent thunderstorms -- which are continuing as I type.  Helen, Peg and I spent from 7:40 PM to 8:15 PM in our bathroom at the center of the house with pillows and a quilt, taking shelter as a six-mile-wide tornado+storm system was supposed to go right over us.  It appears it fell completely apart a few miles short of us, but it still was a different way to spend the evening.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Well. That was fun.
I hope you're doing well, Bob. CBC is reporting seven dead in NYC and one dead in NJ, and less importantly "hundreds of thousands of customers without power in New Jersey and Pennsylvania", so I'll understand if you're offline for a bit.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Woof.

Sorry you had to go through that, Bob. I hope everything gets back to normal for you again soon.
Wow, that had to suck. I'm grateful the grim reaper noped out long before you really had to worry about them passing over you or your wife.
Oh, we're fine. One flicker of power circa 10 (I think) last night. Other than a couple branches down and a flipped-over plastic chair, no wind damage. No flooding -- we're essentially on a high point in the neighborhood, we shed water.

My mother-in-law, a couple miles away, had a flooded basement, and I just spent the morning with Peggy clearing it out with a shopvac rigged to feed into a sewer access in the basement floor. We got most of the water, Peg's finishing the job while I make an appearance at work.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....