Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
something I heard on the radio
something I heard on the radio
Too Bad by Doug and the Slugs

I don't see this being a power song of any sort, but I can almost picture Doug quoting the chorus (or possibly playing a clip) as a villain is lead away in handcuffs.
RE: something I heard on the radio
Heh. Yeah, I can see that.

Now why does the band name sound familiar? A quick Google search doesn't turn up anything that rings a bell... weird.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(09-09-2021, 01:21 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Heh.  Yeah, I can see that.

Now why does the band name sound familiar?  A quick Google search doesn't turn up anything that rings a bell...  weird.

Maybe you heard one of their hits when you visited Canada?

Making it Work is somewhat NSFW once you realize what the song's about (which is lampshaded by the video).

Tomcat Prowl was used in the soundtrack to Iron Eagle II.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
No.... neither of those were familiar.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I don't know about Doug & The Slugs, but every time I see the thread title I start hearing Radio Ga Ga, myself.
--
‎noli esse culus