Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new Blue Oyster Cult album!?
A new Blue Oyster Cult album!?
Well, new last year (Oct 9 2020) but still. Holy crap. New BOC! I am literally bouncing in my chair in excitement.

That Was Me (first on the playlist of official videos):

link

playlist of BOC videos on the Frontiers Music SRL account
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: A new Blue Oyster Cult album!?
How much cowbell does it have?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I haven't been keeping track, but I don't fear the cowbell.
--
‎noli esse culus
It sounds like a lot of bands/musicians got bored during Covid lockdowns and wrote new songs. I heard Weezer(?) had written enough for 4 albums which they're going to release next year as a 4 disk set.

Also, the Scorpions also have a new album
https://metalwani.com/2021/09/scorpions-...Rpa21k9KB4
I suppose if they weren't playing live shows composing new material and recording it is the other half of their profession, as well as the only available way to scratch the artist's itch. Add in the way that affects their income and there's a direct incentive to get some new material into the pipeline as well.
--
‎noli esse culus
Oh dammit, I only realized I put the wrong link up above there now - to the music video for That Was Me, not the audio-with-cover-still and the album playlist. D'oh.

Oh well, here it is

As for how I found out about the album - that would Be YouTube's recent decision to feed me creepy music for some reason - The Alchemist popped up in my recommended videos list, and after a few times skipping over it, I said "Wait a minute, I don't remember that BOC album artwork..."

On a lighter note, I wonder what Doug's power would make of Florida Man? Wink
--
‎noli esse culus
A GrayStillPlays video? <grin> I'll have to check it out after work.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....