Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki, part II
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki, part II
This is a shortcoming on my part as a writer.  I should be doing a lot more scene where Benjamin and Arf are interacting, and I need to fix that.

Arf would be wary of Benjamin at first.  After all, Fate is so very vulnerable at this time.  While she does need all the acceptance, love, and validation she can get, she can also be easily lured into another abusive relationship.

But Arf will get thrown for a loop right away when, after Nanoha and Fate initially confess their feelings, she tells Benjamin in no uncertaain terms that she will be watching him every moment he's with the two girls...  and then Benjamin goes, "Oh thank you!  God, yes, please watch after us.  I don't want anyone trying to say I'm doing something to them."

Arf's mind is kinda blown by this.  It's not what she was expecting at all... but she accepts that anyhow.  And over the next few weeks, this is all born out - particularly during the events Love the Grief Seed volume one where Ben makes Alicia's resurrection actually happen.  And only because he couldn't bear to see Fate suffer again like that.

And then she heard the thing where Ben said that, even if it meant that they never even knew of his existence, that he'd be willing to die for the sake of Fate's happiness.

That was a level of love that she thought only a Familiar was capable of. And Benjamin wasn't anyone's Familiar in any sense.

From that point on, Arf knew that she could trust in Benjamin to not hurt Fate. Instead, she only worried about making sure he survives whatever may come their way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki, part II - by Black Aeronaut - 11-24-2021, 02:25 AM