Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simulacrum (Vampire AU Maggie): Tainted Blood by BOC (Do Not Play)
Simulacrum (Vampire AU Maggie): Tainted Blood by BOC (Do Not Play)

link

Now if I remember correctly there was a big vampire war arc in the original Warriors campaign (I think there was a temporary GM who was dead set on adding horror stuff to your Silver Age-y superheroes?) that ended with some epic ritual to revert the PC who'd been turned and destroy all vampires in the setting, or something along those lines? This is not that Vampire Maggie, though, and possibly not even the same kind of vampire depending on exactly how the original ones worked.

Instead, this is a version who was turned by or beside Doug himself and got the blood-crazy murderbeast mostly out of their systems over the course of a century or so before settling down into the resulting Vampire Hunter D like post-apocalypse until getting dusted per the first verse. She knows she's a simulacrum just like the normal version he called up in DW2 and that her blood vanishes shortly after leaving her body or at most when the song ends or stops so she can't turn him (or anyone else for that matter) but loves her Doug as an immortal loves, timeless and brilliant as a flawless diamond, so she is generally willing to listen to him and be helpful, on the terms of a human-eating monster humoring a favorite pet at least.

I figure in continuity he probably discovers this in the Buffy Step while checking the songs he picked up along the way for anti-vampire effects, having hoped to get something like the eponymous drink-and-die tainted blood from the first verse or just to induce suicidal apathy in vampires within his AoE, to simplify fights where they're being used as minions or keep the population down so more attention can be focused on the season arc rather than normal patrolling.

What it actually gives him... well, I'm sure there's some situations that it would be ideal for, but in general it's probably solidly high on the Do Not Play list. From an omniscient narrator perspective it's most likely something his subconscious came up with as an irrational worst case and pushed forward as our brains often do at the most inconvenient times (E: especially if someone mentions the Vampire Willow incident) or possibly the Buffyverse PtB messing with him for their own reasons.
--
‎noli esse culus