Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I ranked every episode of OG BGC. And ADP Files. And BGCrash. And two other OVA's.
RE: I ranked every episode of OG BGC. And ADP Files. And BGCrash. And two other OVA's.
Wait wait, there's a BGC Holiday Special?  What did Nene and Linna do for Life Day?  Holee shit.

I haven't seen anything past the 8 OVAs, based on general fan advice.  But it seems like the setting and characters were always stronger than the stories that they told with them.  Honestly some of the fic I've read has far better storytelling, even if it tends to get a little less grimdark.  And to be fair, Bob's animation department is virtually non-existent.  Bad animation isn't the worst sin, though.  I've watched a lot of Lupin III and half of the early episodes are like "maybe they won't notice if we replay this off-model clip three times?"  And then every once in a while Hayao Miyazaki directs an episode and your jaw drops.

What was I talking about?  Oh right, I haven't seen all of them, so I can't completely judge your rankings, but they seem right.  I probably would have put Moonlight Rambler at the top just because it's more memorable for me.  And of course the first seven minutes of Tinsel City.  Seriously, I'd sing "Konya wa Hurricane" in karaoke if they actually had it in American bars.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: I ranked every episode of OG BGC. And ADP Files. And BGCrash. And two other OVA's. - by Labster - 10-16-2021, 05:24 AM