Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I ranked every episode of OG BGC. And ADP Files. And BGCrash. And two other OVA's.
RE: I ranked every episode of OG BGC. And ADP Files. And BGCrash. And two other OVA's.
(10-28-2021, 02:02 PM)Dartz Wrote: I got through the whole Manga.

It  - wears it's heart on its sleeve - though to a lesser extent than Cannon God Exaxxion (Rough, like a Demons!). I quite enjoyed it, in the end. Though, perhaps - Burst is best pretended it doesn't exist. Burst started a bit crap.

Really! I felt like Exaxxion was just marginally a smidge more tasteful simply because it didn't have Minnie May, or for that matter a Sinister Lesbian like Goldie. Shit, I expected Hoichi to aggregate a harem pretty fast and he didn't, that crown went to his (grand)father and his lab assistant gynoids. So it felt less weird simply because it was more toned-down in that area alone.

I love Exaxxion. Read it all last summer in a few days, right past the point when Proteus had to stop translating it and into the valley of the shadow of somewhat mediocre fanlations. I ended up declaring it The Anti-Evangelion because of how thoroughly it embraces high-octane Go Nagai-grade mecha bullshit. Nadesico is similar but it deconstructs and then reconstructs mecha and anime sci-fi, whereas Exaxxion looks over all the things Anno thinks are flaws of mecha and anime and declares them virtues.

Anyway, I've decided to rev up the 2040 hate-screed I was saying I might do over on tumblr. Any thoughts, folks? Any insights into things you wish the show hadn't done? Maybe some more urban legend stuff I can draw on about its production, because 2032's production is well-chronicled but 2040's is seemingly a black hole? Insights into ways the show tries to be Evangelion when it doesn't need to be Evangelion?

Messages In This Thread
RE: I ranked every episode of OG BGC. And ADP Files. And BGCrash. And two other OVA's. - by STMPD - 10-28-2021, 10:27 PM