Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIII
(10-20-2021, 02:57 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 10:30 AM)robkelk Wrote: We're down to sixteen entries left on "All The Tropes:No Real Life Examples, Please" that may or may not be TVT control issues. Funnily enough, they're all Sex Tropes.

We've started discussion threads on the tropes' Talk pages. Mods, if you haven't logged in lately, expect to see a lot of "mentioned you" notifications...

I'm seeing some themes in the replies to these threads:
  • NRL is stupid / TVT-control-freakery here and should be killed with fire
  • Historical examples only
  • Not physically posible in RL
  • Yeah, let's keep NRL
Luckily, most of the threads are already gaining consensus as to which of the above applies to each trope.

I'd still prefer to keep the discussion going for a day, at least, to give other tropers time to comment - especially where we don't yet have consensus.

It's been three days, and I've added notes and removed {{noreallife}} wherever we had consensus.

We have three tropes where we haven't yet come to a consensus on whether to allow Real Life Examples: Naughty by Night, Nipple-and-Dimed, and Right Through His Pants.

Now what? Inaction equates to accepting the status quo.

And I know people tend to ignore my questions here... but ignoring this one means you are blindly agreeing with TV Tropes.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIII - by robkelk - 10-23-2021, 10:38 AM