Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIII
I want to address it here before it becomes a problem.

https://allthetropes.org/w/index.php?tit...qp42zy3lrc

https://allthetropes.org/w/index.php?tit...iyqd5nf2qh

These two topics seem to have a relation in regards to Umbire claiming others off our site have an issue with our content and desire changes, and Umbire is in favor of appeasing them. By contrast, it seems others are quite opposed to doing so and it has apparently gotten a bit personal. I have no idea if Umbire still has me on ignore here, but I hope they see this anyway, because since off-site drama concerning social views seems to be leaking into a place we had hoped to keep nonpolitical, I want to make one thing absolutely clear.

As for myself, on the above two topics, I have no dog in this fight and am willing to bow to the majority consensus, whatever it may be, on the on-wiki matters. Off wiki is not my concern in the slightest. I would consider ii more helpful if these alleged parties would present their case to us more directly than us getting their alleged displeasure via Umbire second-hand, it would be more useful for both sides to directly communicate, and that way we can fix any issues that appear of legitimate concern.

On the other note, I have sworn to not discuss my political, religious and social views on the wiki, and leave them at the door when I enter, and it is policy the rest of us should do the same, and it my hope this is not a case of that statute being violated. If it is, I believe it should cease before it causes further disruption. As for myself, I again am willing to keep silent about my political, social, and religious mores both there and I have of late mirrored that compact here because I do not desire drama or partisanship, and I again strongly advise anyone seeking to import such to please cease and desist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIII - by GethN7 - 11-17-2021, 03:23 AM