Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIII
(12-11-2021, 09:00 AM)robkelk Wrote: And I got an "Internal Service Error" when replying to the one you left open... although my reply was posted.

Considering how many headaches it makes for us, are we sure we want to keep using Flow?

It's not Flow that is the problem, it's whatever the new update did that allows it to work with MW. Besides, Flow being removed would break quite a few things. The good news is that it's continuously updated, so it will be fixed ASAP.

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniph...r=newest#R

Based on my thimbleful of PHP knowledge and examination of the issues, Flow itself works fine. What is broken is the page update feature to register new edits and changes on flow pages. So, when you see an error message, assume it made your proposed edit (open a copy of the current window to check) just fine.

The page update feature, while working well on submitting pure text, how the base MediaWiki hooks interact with Flow got messed up when we updated to MW 1.37, so the Flow guys need to make sure they rename their own hooks so they sync to the page update feature of MediaWiki core. Apparently, they noticed the issues and are currently working on them according to the Phabricator reports.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIII - by GethN7 - 12-11-2021, 03:04 PM