Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter 7 in production - Has it really been that long?
Chapter 7 in production - Has it really been that long?
For some reason I got the urge to do some rereading of the story, and I have noticed something -

The entirety of 2009 went by without any update on DW 5.

I know it's been an utterly SHITTY year for everyone, myself included. And Bob's had job troubles etc. So this gets a pass and a "no-foul"
from me.

Even so, it bears at least mentioning.

(BTW - the menu on your main page doesn't indicate the 6th Chapter of DW5 on the drop-down menu.)

Oops, let me fix that.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Okay, menu fixed.

And yes, more than a year has passed since the last chapter. Enough that if this were a fic that I were reading instead of writing, I would have several months
ago moved it to the "probably dead" folder in the fanfiction section of my bookmarks.

I suppose you can take it as good news that I have begun writing again -- just not much yet. I have to force myself back into the habit, out of which I had
gotten over the past four months, what with the panic, the fear, etc.
-- Bob
---------

If you can spare a day, take it and write. Not necessarily DW 5, but write something for the entire day. If that doesn't get you back into the mood to
write a few paragraphs each day, nothing will...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Like I said, it's truly been a horrible year. You've got more important things to attend to. And hey, you've got a LONG way to go before you beat
Hearts of Ice in the hiatus department. ^_^

Just consider this the gentlest of pokes rather than an outright complaint.

&ltCasts Resurrection/>

I've just noticed that the counter for Chapter 7 has gone up to 92 Kb.

Do we have a light at the end of the tunnel that isn't an oncoming train Bob?

Ah, man - now I'm going to have to work on Legend of Galactic Girls... Seriously, (a) I don't tell anyone about the progress of my stories so that nobody's hopes are raised unfairly, and (b) I am working on LoGG, slowly.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:Do we have a light at the end of the tunnel that isn't an oncoming train Bob?
I'm hoping. I took the "unconstructed" part of the chapter, which was still in its original notes-form (and thus a bit... disorganized) and organized into the order things are supposed to happen. In the process, I kind of lost sight of whatever the hell it was that was confusing and blocking me. I can't guarantee it'll be fast, but I will be trying to accomplish as much as I can on my end over the next few weeks, or until I hit a point where I have to pass it over to Chris. (Who is completely unaware that I've picked this back up. Hi, Chris!)
-- Bob
---------