Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“Can do reduced rent for occasional fun.”
“Can do reduced rent for occasional fun.”
Irish Landlords reach new low in Property Crisis

Or as one comment on Reddit put it: "People forget that one tenants sexual degradation is another landlords sexual gratification."  For Context - a comment widely seen as out of touch with the level of anger a lot of people are feeling.

+Of course, solving the problem isn't as simple as building more houses. There's nobody to build them. Accomodation costs are now so high, people are all but stopping coming here to work from abroad, or demanding even higher wages to cover the cost. And trades just arent pushed as a viable education path here --- pressure from parents, schools and government is very much centres on the school -> college -> office train with very little thought given to applied work. And what apprenticeship scheme there are are lacking in real educational value --- the instructors leave a fair bit to be desired

It doesn't help that a lot of qualified tradespeople have left for Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the like in the last decade.

Anyway, the Dead Kennedy's sum up a lot of people's feelings.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RE: “Can do reduced rent for occasional fun.”
This is why in the future, natural persons won't own property.  Corporate persons will own all of the housing, so that they can equitably rent-seek from all natural persons.  Don't worry, they've already started buying it all up.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto